The Walkabouts & Alma Novaes


- The Light Will Stay On


Everytime i went to visit you,
or unexpectadly saw you in the streets
of our city
i was fightin' my inner ghosts
in fact, your love haunted me for ages
Never forgot you
never wanted to
because i was a mere reflection of you

Everytime i did saw you,
you never disappear from my heart
only you knew it, yes, i know you did
because all my body shake
my hands tremble, my mouth shutted
and my heart was singin' me our song
Our song of love, 
our song never stopped in me,
so the light will stay on

And yes, i dreamed you
i put you in a pedestal
that's where you still are.

You're my house, my kingdom
my everything
and you can, now write it to you
on a paper, on your heart: 
this time i'm not quittin'
this time i will fight for your love!

So, tell her, tell  that evil woman
that no legs of frog,
no saltin' dog, nor jumpin' bonfires
nor whispers with bad intentions can 
put me away from my love!
So, the light will stay on,

It's been a nightmare since you've gone
with that witch
a nightmare of storms
Now, tell her i will fight
tell her you're my light 
and even her bad things 
done in the past, 
her witchcraft can't make 
me forgive or last
-so, the light will stay on,
 
who i am: i'm your house,
you're my everything
that's what you are, Tino, 
oh yes you are
my king among frogs, 
my prince among commoners

I'm still alone
but would you listen
the music i'm doing
during the night
the poems i write to you
direct to your heart!?
_so the light will stay on
forever, waitin' you
till death come take me
but i still let the light on





Comentários

Mensagens populares