Miranda Coventry




photo of Misha Gordin


 Illustrating Meals


You picked up the book 

and flipped through it

You always said that there is no

One reason for reading only.

It needs no reason.


You flipped through 

as far as it read in order

And I thought it was precious

This world, for thy face

He was now transfigured

for new contrasts

and funds.


Then, by the end of 

the afternoon,

And right before you sit down

At the table, he pleaded:

-Baby, tell me



Tell me on which planet

You're lost today...

And you'd take mine

anxiety and

you gave it a direction.



And from my lap,

before dinner,

petals fell and

Perfumes.

Elves, UFOs, and gnomes.


I was ready

for one more routine

where creative and at hand

Between pans

I cooked more

 Characters

for our fiction.



in Love was simmered

Comentários

Mensagens populares