Dean Lewis & Laura de Jesus





Pains of the soul 


What do I make of this dragged time

Where only the birds brave the ice

And even the fish shiver in the river?

What do I do with the wind in my face

if it's not a rare bird

And it doesn't come at dusk

Help to collect

The animals in the pasture?

What do I do with the cold afternoon

Who piled up unstamped letters

of my old wants?

What do I do with myself, 

what do I do with myself,

From here to the room, from the room

for any book

You gasp, sigh, silent longing and in

 the meantime years, lives pass 

but not even a shadow of your shoulder

From what I remember, the cigarettes,

Of music, of writings

In your warm embrace?

What am I doing this afternoon?

What can't I do to you?

What do I do with this calendar date?

What marks an old anniversary?

What am my father doing, today

When the rain threatens

contagion and desolation brings your

name and taste like never again?




Comentários

Mensagens populares